INTERNATIONAL ADMISSIONS PROCESS
1. APPLY TO PROGRAM
To begin the process you must first fill our application online. Select the program of interest and pay the $100 non-refundable administration fee to process your application. Please note that no application will be reviewed without FEE payment.
4. APPLY FOR VISA
After paying for you tuition you may now proceed to apply for your student visa with the Canadian government. Please make sure you submit your acceptance letter along with all your receipts.
2. BOOK AN INTERVIEW
Once we receive your application along with the processing fee, we will contact you via e-mail to set up a Skype interview. This interview is to help us get to you know you better and evaluate each candidate. If you are accepted, you will then receive an e-mail explaining how to apply for your student visa and pay your tuition costs.
5. GETTING YOUR VISA
As soon as you receive your visa, please notify the school in writing so that we may proceed to plan your arrival and stay.
3. PAY TUITION
All international students are expected to pay their tuition in full once they have been accepted into our school. To make a payment please click the button below.
You may also, make payment using your credit card via phone by calling 416-629-9558.
6. Arriving in Canada
Canada is a wonderful country. Depending on the time of the year that you come or your duration of you stay you will need to prepare for the different seasons that we have.
Please make sure you bring the proper documents along with your visa and letter of acceptance. You will be asked of this at your arrival.
ACCREDITATION & FINANCING
Reinhard College is NOT a registered school with the Ministry of Ontario Colleges and Universities and is NOT accredited by the Ontario Government. For this reason OSAP is not available through our school.
Under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005 a “private career college” is any type of organization that contracts directly with a student to provide them with a vocational program. This does not include: a college of applied arts and technology, university or elementary or secondary school. Institutions that do not have a physical presence in Ontario are also not required to be registered under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.
SCHOOL TERM START DATES
Reinhard College offers five (5) terms through out the school year. Each term goes for 8 weeks.
- Term 1: September - October
- Term 2: November - December
- Term 3: January - March
- Term 4: April - May
- Term 5: June - July
August: summer break
AUDITIONS AND EVALUATIONS
All students must go through an audition and evaluation. International students will be contacted and evaluated through the phone or Skype.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Student must tuition for program or course in advance.
- Classes missed or canceled by the student will not be replaced and the student is responsible for learning the material taught in class in their own time.
- Classes canceled by the teacher/instructor will be replaced and rescheduled.
- If Student drops a course before the 5th class the will only be billed for the fist month (40% of total cost of the course).
- If the student drops a course after the 5th class they will be billed for the remaining of the semester (100% of the total cost of the course).
- It is the student’s responsibility to buy any books or material necessary for the course.
- It is the student’s responsibility to bring their own instrument to every class.
LAST DAY TO DROP A COURSE WITH OUT ACADEMIC PENALTY
A student may withdraw from any course or program without academic penalty up to fourteen (14) days from the beginning of the school year/term.
Withdrawal and Refund Policies
All withdrawal requests must be sent to the Office of the Registrar in writing and must include the following information: your full name, the course you are enrolled in, the certificate program you are enrolled in, and if applicable, the term you are enrolled in and your reason for withdrawing. Requests to withdraw will not be accepted over the phone. Notifying an instructor does not constitute an official request to withdraw from a course. Requests to withdraw must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For students who have paid the full amount of the certificate program up front, the following withdrawal/refund schedule applies:
- By Friday prior to the start date of a course: 100% refund of current course plus entire remaining balance paid on the courses not taken minus the registration and technology fee.
- By Friday of the first week of a course: 50% refund of current course plus entire remaining balance paid on the courses not taken minus the registration fee.
- By Friday of the second week of a course: 25% refund of current course plus entire remaining balance paid on the courses not taken minus the registration fee.
For students opting to pay for each course as they take it in the certificate program, the following withdrawal/refund schedule applies:
- By Friday prior to the start date of a course: 100% refund of the current course, minus the registration and technology fee.
- By Friday of the first week of a course 50% refund of the current course, minus the registration and technology fee.
- By Friday of the second week of a course: 25% refund of the current course, minus the registration and technology fee.
- By Friday of the third week of a course: 0% refund of the current course, minus the registration fee.
Refunds will be based on when the withdrawal is received in writing. No additional refunds on courses in progress will be given after the second week of the term. The registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. Please note that all refunds will be provided in Canadian dollars. Reinhard College cannot be held responsible for any currency rate fluctuations between the date of purchase and the date of the refund. Students who have transferred their enrollment after the term begins and later requests to withdraw will be eligible for a maximum refund of 25% of the tuition paid.
If a student registers for a certificate program the registration y fee can be applied towards the certificate program as long as you begin study within two terms. After this time, the fee will expire. The registration fee is not transferable to individual courses.
If a student withdraws from a certificate program and later wishes to re-enroll in the certificate program, the student will be required to pay all applicable fees including, but not limited to, the registration and technology fee.
International students are welcome. All students must go through a Skype interview to be considered into a program.
International Students must pay their tuition in full upon acceptance. There is an administration fee of $100.00 to process each application.Please note that the Canadian Government requires full payment of tuition and accommodations fees for the time of the length of the program in order to issue any visa.
Students may pay via Paypal, Credit Card, and Bank transfer. NO cheques.
Where payment was made by Credit Card, a refund will be made back the the same card that was used to make the initial payment.
A refund for a course or program will only be issued if a students applies in writing to the office by the close of business day on or before the fifth (5) school day after the start date of the course. Students who have paid in advanced will be eligible for a refund for that semester if they formally withdraw before the 5th day of the term.
- A 50% refund will be issued if student withdrawals in the first week.
- No refunds will be issued if students withdrawals on or after the 2nd week of school.
- Refunds can take from 30-90 days to be issued.
VISITOR & STUDENT VISAS
Students who are enrolled in a program that is six(6) months or less in length DO NOT need a student visa. They may come to Canada with a visitors visa. (More info visit or to apply for a visitors visa go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/tourist.asp.If the program applying for is more than 6 months you need to apply for a student visa. (For more info or to apply for a student visa go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study.asp). Each student is responsible for obtaining their own visas and proper paper work to come to study in Canada. A letter of acceptance will be mailed to the student once payment in full has been received.To learn more about processing visa times go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp.PLEASE NOTE: If the student is denied their visa a refund will be issued to the student less the $100 administration fee.
AUDITIONS AND EVALUATIONS
All students must go through an audition and evaluation. International students will be contacted and evaluated through the phone or via Skype.
We have partnered with homes around the city to help accommodate our international students. Students will have the opportunity to live with a good family, share and learn more about the culture and language.Students will have a private room with a bed. Cost of living is $750/month with NO food and $950 with food. It includes 2 meals per day with an internet connection. Hydro is included in the price. Each extra day is $40.** This information is subject to change without notice.